Volunteers are an invaluable resource at Potoroo Palace. We couldn’t get by without them.
Perhaps you would like to help out in this way?
Our café staff always appreciate a hand even it’s just sweeping up or wiping tables. Maybe gardening is more your thing? We have many leaves to rake, paths to sweep, watering and mulching… Maybe you have some maintenance skills you can offer us or even just a willingness to help and your enthusiasm and love of the natural world with a desire to support an amazing place.
We always need folks to help with distributing our brochures too.
If you would like to be a volunteer here please contact us or if you are passing by, just drop in and pick up a volunteer form.
We would love to hear from you.
Potoroo Palace Volunteer Policy
- All first time volunteers are required to fill out the volunteer application forms and the workplace health and safety statement. Please contact the office on 02 6494 9053 for more information.
- We do like people to be reliable even if they come as little as 2hrs per month.
- We appreciate phone calls in advance when unable to come in or when making arrangements to come.
- If only wishing to spend time with the animals and not assist with any other types of jobs we do require a minimal fee of $30.00 per day. This option will require hands on work in assisting the keepers. This can be for more than just one day.
- There is always the option of being “Keeper For A Day” where a person can follow around the keeper and have the hands on opportunity of getting up close to the animals and accompanying a keeper on his or her rounds throughout the day. This will cost $250.00.
- $30 per day for accommodation with access to facilities such as kitchen and laundry. Will need to provide and prepare own food.
- It is $50 per day to work alongside the keepers. (This applies whether you are staying onsite or have accommodation elsewhere).
- There are no costs if willing to help out with general duties around the park and you are arranging accommodation elsewhere. On first day however a $20 deposit will be required, of which $15 will be returned on subsequent day of volunteering.